Friday, June 26, 2009

Who you gonna call?

Ghostbusters!


My twins have recently discovered what their sister already knew. Ghostbusters is a fun movie to watch. Tyler was completely mesmerized the first time he saw this movie. He sat in front of the boob tube watching every scene and soaking it all in. Jacob is more like his daddy and watched but also had some important playing to do. (Michael is always doing something, he's not really one to sit still for very long.) Little did I know, that even though he didn't watch every scene like Tyler did, Jake was still taking it all in as well. They have watched it several times since we bought it last week and they ask to watch it every day. Tyler got up this morning and said "I need some chocolate milk, can we watch Ghostbusters today?" At least he's got his priorities straight. ;o)


Last night when I got home from work both boys were running around the house in the fire helmets that came with their Halloween costumes from last year pretending to be the ghostbusters. Eden would come down the hall pretending to be a ghost and the boys would chase after her until she would turn on them and chase them back to the kitchen. I wish I had gotten the camera out. I was working on the pictures of the family that I talked about a few posts back, so I didn't stop to take pictures of my own kids. (Kinda makes me feel like a sucky mom now that I think about it.) They would come and hide by my leg and plan what they were going to do. "The marshmallow ghost is going to come and get us and we are going to blast him with our croc guns (they had their shoes on their hands as "guns") and then we are going to run to safety." "Be careful, he could be anywhere" and then Eden would jump out again and the squeals that normally make me want to scream myself were so joyful that I had to laugh along with them. It's not very often that all three of my kids are getting along well enough to play together so it was a nice reprieve from the norm. Of course, it didn't take long before they figured out it I thought it was cute and then it turned into a squeal and run and be really loud and run into things kind of deal where they were trying to hard to make it cute and I had to make them all settle down. But it sure was fun while it lasted!

Here is a picture of another time that all three were playing well together. They are all growing so fast!

1 comment:

  1. Awww I love that picture, and story! I just ran mine outside to play together so I can get something done ;)

    ReplyDelete