Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday with the kids.

Today turned out to be a better day than it started out to be. First off, I didn't sleep well at all last night. We had a doggie friend stay the night and basically we were trying to see if the little dog would get along with Lita, our dog. Let's just say they were not best of friends. Lita was very jealous and any time that the little dog would get close to one of us, Lita would butt in and growl. We even had a few "snapping" matches where they show their teeth and use that Yipping bark.
On top of this excitement, the boys didn't sleep well last night, I went to bed late and ended up falling asleep in their bed. The boys share a full size mattress and they sleep in it like this.


Now add me in between the two and it becomes a not so comfortable situation. Needless to say, I got very little sleep.

Also, when the kids got up this morning they both wanted milk as usual. Tyler likes chocolate, Jake likes strawberry, and normally I don't mind getting it for them. Guess what. This morning, we were out of milk. The kids got up before 7:30 this morning and Michael definitely handles getting up early better than I do, and well, He got to sleep through the night, no boys in the bed because I was with them. When the kids got up, I went to my bed and tried my very hardest to ignore them, and get some sleep. They were loud, whiny and would not listen for ANYTHING! After an hour and forty-five minutes, I finally gave up, went and got my shower, and took the kids with me to return the dog to my sister-in-law who is trying to find it a good home. Michael helped his nephew remove a tree in his yard today and that's why I took the kids with me. On our way home, we picked up two gallons of milk (which will be gone in less than four full days) and stopped at the MickeyD's to pick up some breakfast.

After breakfast, I put the boys down for their nap,(it was around 11) ended up laying between them again, and they might have slept for an hour. A good nap for the boys to be refreshed and in a good mood requires at least a two hour stretch. They got up grumpy as ever and still whining.

After Michael got home, this is what we did.

Michael loves kids and anytime he sees pictures on a job, our kids tend to come up. Michael is the reason that Krista at one of the company's he works at got a Digital SLR. He told her how great the pictures turn out and she has a little girl. They even took a class together last fall that was supposed to teach them the basics on settings and f/stops and how to take a really good picture. Notice I said supposed to. I know Michael wasn't overly impressed when the instructor suggested that any flaws in a picture can be fixed with Photoshop and proceeded to evaluate the pictures taken and tell you how to fix them with the program, instead of what to change in the camera settings.

But I digress, we went to Krista's home today to take some pictures of her family, which has just been expanded with a new baby boy. Here are a few of my favorite shots today. I would love some feedback.


I've left the pictures exactly like they were taken. I want to crop a few of them to fix them up and edit out the cars in the one, but I think that these turned out really good along with so many others. These are just a few of my favorites. The one on the stack of towels is so sweet in black and white.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Linn, those are awesome! I love the towel shot, the stork blanket pic, the feet cupped by mommy's hands...basically all of them!!! Who took these, you or Michael? or both?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael took the shot of the baby in mom's hands and the one above it. I took the rest. There are so many more. This was a blast! Thanks for the compliments!

    ReplyDelete