Friday, June 19, 2009

"GO BACK!!!!"

I have three beautiful kids. If you want to see pictures of them there will be a couple in this post and there are several in previous posts. I love my children beyond words, but sometimes, they really REALLY stress me out.

I worry about my kids all the time. None of them eat very well and unfortunately, that's kind of my fault. I don't eat very well either. They are a chicken nuggets crew. That's pretty much all they like, chicken nuggets, sugary cereal, and cereal bars are about all they want to eat.

Tonight, I fixed tacos. Tyler loves tacos. He calls them taco tico's. Any place that sells them is also referred to as taco tico's. It's pretty adorable to hear him say it too! Anyway, sorry, I got a little off the point here. Tonight, I fixed tacos and Eden and Tyler ate them (Eden without to much fuss) and so that leaves Jake. Jake sat at the table and played with his food for quite some time, then he decided to dump the hamburger out of the taco and just eat the shell, then decided that he didn't like the shell and so he threw it away. Before he threw the thing away, we discussed getting ice cream at the Zesto's. Who doesn't like ice cream right? Occasionally it's worth it to bribe them if they will eat.

Well, here's the thing, we went to Kohl's so I could get a new swimsuit. (We're going to Holiday World for Father's Day) and I told them when we got in the car to start home, if you are good and you don't yell and fight you can have ice cream. Do you see where I'm headed with this??? LOL You would have thought that I asked the earth to stop spinning, my boys absolutely cannot keep their mouths shut or their hands to themselves. So, when we got to the Zesto, I ordered for Me, Michael and Eden and here are a few pictures of Jake's reaction to be denied ice cream for breaking the rules!

Tyler just kind of sat in the seat and whined about not getting any, but Jacob was totally ticked off and informed both me and Michael that he hated us, we were both stupid and that we had to go back. It went a little like this.

Michael: Here you go Eden.

Jake and Tyler: Where's mine?

Michael: You didn't get any, you didn't eat Jake and you didn't listen Tyler.

Jake: (as we pull out of Zesto's) I WANT ICE CREAM!!! at the highest possible screech he can muster.

Tyler: I want ice creeeaaammmmmm! in the saddest voice almost at yelling level (I actually felt pretty bad for him because, well, he did eat.)

Jake: STUPID DADDY!!!STUPID DADDY!!! STUPID DADDY!!! GO BACK!!! GO BACK!!!! YOU HAVE TO GO BACK!!! (at this point, I know I'm a terrible mom for doing it, but I start laughing)

Me: You guys have to learn, Mommy and Daddy are the boss and we have to hear what's going on around us when we're driving, and also, if you don't eat, you don't get a treat.

Michael: (giggling)

Me: (giggling)

Jake: STUPID MOMMY!!! STUPID MOMMY!!!

Me: Babe, take some pictures of him so I can post them on the blog.

Michael: Ok. (laughing at this point) *click* *click*

Jake: (starts kicking at the seat) DON'T TAKE MY PICTURE DADDY!

At this point I start laughing hysterically. He threw such a fit and all I could do was laugh. I guess if I hadn't laughed about it, it would have made me cry. It's about a 5 min. drive from Zesto to home when there is traffic and by the time we got home, I was still laughing and my stomach had started hurting.

Tyler did get a few drinks of Daddy's milkshake once we got home and he sincerely apologized to Michael by saying "I'm sorry I didn't listen daddy. I'm sorry. I love you too." He always says I love you too, even if he says it first. If he doesn't say the word "too" he substitutes the words mommy, daddy and sister or Eden. It's completely adorable. Just like it melts my heart every day when I leave and Jake says, in his sweet little voice, bye mommy. I love you. Have a good day. Tyler says all of this too and then tells me to drive careful.

I guess the moral of the story is, that for every outburst that makes you think you'll lose your mind, there is a sweetness that keeps you sane.

1 comment:

  1. I guess we can be bad mommies together. Sometimes you have to laugh so you don't drive them all off a cliff LOL :)

    ReplyDelete